Several years ago, I was terribly depressed. I hated my job, I didn’t have a good relationship with friends or family, and my lifelong partner left me for one of my best friends.
I was completely heartbroken. I felt like my life had completely fallen apart at the seams.
When a friend suggested I go get my chakras healed, I was skeptical. I’d heard about chakras before, but I never really looked into what they were or how they could help me. But once I started learning about them, I was hooked.
Within a few short weeks of learning to balance and heal my chakras, I was a changed person — it was like someone flipped a light switch. All of a sudden I was happy again. I started exercising, I started eating healthy, and I started pursuing my dreams of opening my own coaching business. Within 6 months of continued practice, my business started flourishing, my social circle grew to include the most supportive people I’ve ever met, my family relationships became stronger than they’d ever been before, and I ended up finding and marrying my soulmate (we’re still married!).
How is this possible?
Because chakras are the spiritual points of energy in the body. When you learn to tune in and connect to these precise locations, you learn how to balance both the physical and emotional energies associated with each chakra. Anytime there’s a chakra blockage, it’s felt deeply throughout the mind and body — even if you don’t consciously know what the problem is. By balancing your energy and unblocking your chakras, you can better handle these painful sensations — like in the case of a broken heart.
So, can chakra healing help you?
There’s only one way to find out — get a professional chakra healing now.
Want to know more about chakras? Keep reading!
What are Chakras?
‘Chakra’ is the Sanskrit word for ‘wheel’. So ‘chakras’ make up the different ‘wheels’ of energy around our bodies. There are 7 main chakras, placed in a line from the base of your spine to the crown of your head.
But chakra wheels aren’t like a traditional wheel — chakras spin clockwise, pulling energy out of our body and into the universe, and they also spin counterclockwise, pulling external world energy into our bodies.
The state of your chakras — and whether they’re blocked or open — can determine how you feel and think.
Each chakra sits on an intersection of some important organ, nerve, or bodily system — the respiratory system, nervous system, digestive system, and reproductive system. Chakras are therefore the center of your energy flows — by keeping your chakras open, you’re keeping yourself in good mental and physical health. When you’re not physically or mentally well, it’s likely that one or more of your main chakras is blocked (either from physical or mental trauma).
Luckily, there are ways to unblock and heal your chakras to make sure they are re-balanced and open so you can be in tiptop condition!
Get a love reading now
The 7 Main Chakras of the Human Body
The 7 main chakras of your body are:
- Root Chakra (Muladhara Chakra) — located at your tailbone, is responsible for stability and security.
- Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana Chakra) — located above your public bone, is responsible for creativity and sexual energy.
- Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura Chakra) — located in your core, is responsible for your personal power.
- Heart Chakra (Anahata Chakra) — located in your chest, is responsible for love and connection, especially between mental, physical, emotional and spiritual connections.
- Throat Chakra (Vishuddha Chakra) — located in your throat, is responsible for verbal communication and truth.
- Third Eye Chakra (Ajna Chakra) — located between your eyebrows, is responsible for your intuition and psychic powers.
- Crown Chakra (Sahasrara Chakra) — located at the base of your head, is responsible for enlightenment and spiritual connection to yourself and others.
When any one of these chakras are blocked, the entire system gets thrown into chaos. Only by learning to balance the energies contained within and re-align them with their natural purpose can we heal a truly broken heart.
How Do Chakras Work?
Chakras are wheels/vortexes of energy, but you can think of them more like a ball of energy within your physical body.
You can’t see chakras, because they aren’t visible in the psychic realm — they are only a part of your physical consciousness. They interact with the physical and emotional systems in your body via the endocrine system and nervous system — this is why each chakra sits on an important part of each system. This is key to understanding how chakra healing works.
Each chakra is responsible for an emotional and physical response in your body, and all of your senses and sensations are divided into each chakra’s influence. Any mental or emotional strains are a result of a certain chakra — and sometimes this means you can feel physical sensations whenever there’s an emotional issue. That’s because your appropriate chakra is responding to the situation.
So if you’re feeling heartbroken — which is an emotional response — the nerves around your heart chakra detect this, and they communicate this to the rest of your body, resulting in other emotional and physical symptoms. Chakras work by taking this negative or unbalanced energy source — such as heartbreak — and spreading it throughout your physical body.
But it’s possible to replace the negative energies of suffering with the positive energies of peace. By reconnecting your energy centers to the Universe, you’re able to once again find yourself in a state of perfect “flow”.
Heal Your Heart Chakra
How Do You Know If Your Chakras Are Blocked?
Most of us carry emotional baggage — whether it’s from outside stressors, such as work, loved ones, or other relationships, or even from within our own past traumas and life experiences. All of these blockages create a mental imbalance.
Feeling demotivated, depressed, or any other negative feeling probably means one or all of your chakras are blocked.
Chakras work like an emotional firewall. Something negative happening (along with its low-frequency energy) can cause an imbalance in your chakras. The chakra responsible for this feeling will close down and try to block out that negative energy. This is the same for any negative emotion — particularly ones that we don’t want to let go of (such as blame, depression, or heartbreak), which causes the negative energy to build up and block off your chakras.
Luckily, there are some very good chakra healers who can unblock these energies and allow the physical, mental, and spiritual body to regain its natural sense of “flow”.
How Do You Unblock Your Chakras?
Once you open your chakras, the energy from your chakras and from the outside world is free to flow in and out — but your chakras need to be balanced and aligned. If even one of your chakras is closed, the others will work overtime to compensate for this.
Each chakra has a different process to unlock it, and sometimes, the methods may be very personal.
But there are a lot of practical tips to help you.
Essentially, you can start with your root chakra and then work your way up to your crown chakra, understanding the energies associated with each.
First, you need to understand what each chakra does. Once you do this, you can find a personal way to clear out the negative energies and re-balance this energetic center. For example:
The root chakra is responsible for your stability and security, relating to how you present yourself to make yourself feel grounded, despite the upheaval in the world around you. If you have an underactive root chakra, you might feel nervous, anxious, or unwelcomed around people. If it’s overactive, you might be a little greedy, selfish, and have a materialistic outlook.
To open the root chakra, you need to be open and receptive to your surroundings. You need to become grounded to reality and root yourself back down to earth. A really great way to do this is with exercise or yoga. You could also take a walk through nature, or even start by cleaning your room or your house (cleaning out the physical clutter often helps clean out the mental clutter). These activities help your root chakra find its truth.
After you clear out the negative energies and re-balance your root chakra, move your way up to the sacral chakra, then the solar plexus chakra, and so on.
When you get to the heart chakra, really pay attention to the energies you’re feeling there. For fixing a broken heart, it’s really important to make sure that the heart chakra is not hiding some deep trauma that could cause problems later. All heartache is going to have some trauma associated with it, but you need to be very careful to make sure you’re not repressing or blocking those emotions from being fully expressed. Drop into the sensation of the heart chakra and be open to feeling and expressing whatever comes up for you. If you need to cry, cry! If you need to laugh, laugh! Just do whatever feels right, and don’t let the divine energy of the heart chakra be stifled in any way.
Once you learn to fully connect with and understand each chakra’s energy, then you can re-balance each chakra in a way that feels personally resonant with you.
Get a chakra healing now
Practical Tips to Unblock Your Chakras
Although each chakra has an associated type of meditation, there are a lot of other activities you can do in order to unblock your chakras!
- Go into the woods. Taking a walk through the woods or exploring nature is always a good way to connect with the spiritual side of life. This is especially good for your heart chakra and root chakra, both of which respond well to nature.
- Choose love. Focus on acting in a loving, kind way to yourself and those around you.
- Establish boundaries. Don’t let anyone push you around. Stand up for yourself and learn to say no when it’s necessary.
- Use herbs. Some herbs, such as rose, holy basil, hawthorn, nettle, and hops can open up and heal your chakras — you can try drinking these in a tea.
- Learn empathy. Try to avoid judging people and not taking their actions offensively. For example, if someone is rude to you, ask yourself ‘what if…they just lost someone? …they just lost their job? …they had a bad childhood?’ Remember, other people’s behavior can’t be controlled, and there’s always a reason why someone is acting a certain way.
- Physical contact. This releases the happy, calming hormone oxytocin — the body’s natural antidepressant.
- Feel your emotions. Don’t allow that negative energy to build up by ignoring your emotions! Allow yourself to feel and deal with your emotions. Your body will thank you for it.
- Accept compliments. Don’t let low self-esteem or fear get in your way. Allow yourself to feel the love you deserve, and accept all compliments directed at you, even if it’s a bit awkward at first.
- Meditate with crystals. Some crystals have specific properties for each chakra, like jade and emerald for your heart chakra.
- Show gratitude. Don’t take things for granted — acknowledge all the blessings you have, whether that’s your health, a home, and everything you love about your life.
- Eat healthy foods. Fruits and vegetables are excellent for your chakras. In particular, kiwi, spinach, kale, green apples, pears, lettuce, broccoli, avocados, peas, cabbage, peppers, grapes, zucchini, and celery are all great chakra foods.
- Breathe deeply. Just like with yoga, learning how to breathe properly means more oxygen is introduced into your body, leading to a clearer head, a better metabolism, and a more relaxed feeling.
- Laugh. It’s true that laughter is the best medicine, and it can really open your chakras too! Find at least one thing to laugh about each day — it could be a funny story, a YouTube video or even a funny memory.
Professional Chakra Healings
Of course, these are just a few of the most practical and most simple ways that you can help balance your chakras.
If you’re new to chakra healing, your first session should be guided by a professional healer, so you can get detailed answers as to why you’re feeling the way you’re feeling and learn specific ways to help keep your chakras balanced.
And a professional healing can be done in any number of ways — many psychics can even re-balance chakras over the phone! These healers will be able to read your spiritual energy and instantly identify and clear certain chakra blockages.
After that, it’s recommended that you get 3-5 professional healings per year. This will help you stay grounded, rooted to your physical body, and in touch with the divine nature already inside of you!
And once you start learning how to balance these energies with the energies of the Universe, you’ll start to finally figure out what it means to “flow”.
Happy chakra healing!
Heal Your Heart Chakra